The route linking Aspen to Crested Butte is a true Colorado bucket-lister. A hike that takes adventure seekers up and over 12,500-foot West Maroon Pass, through meadows painted in brilliant wildflowers, thick aspen groves and high alpine tundra. And the views…priceless!
Join Gravity Haus leaders and members on this iconic overnight hiking experience August 28–29, 2021 and see what all the buzz is about. Round up your favorite people (non-members are welcome, too!) and make this memorable trek connecting two famous Colorado ski towns that, by car, are 100 miles apart.
The journey begins from the Aspen Highlands on Saturday morning. Not for the faint-hearted, the hike is 11 miles one-way through the legendary Maroon Bells. Test your legs and lungs over 3,265 feet of breathtaking elevation gain from Aspen to Crested Butte on this 7- to 9-hour hike ending in an overnight stay in Crested Butte at the Nordic Inn and a night on the town with complimentary dinner in the charming and bustling downtown Crested Butte.
Not feeling the full 22 miles round-trip? That’s ok. We’ve got you.
Members can choose from two options for this 2-day hiking excursion:
- One-way guided hike with a shuttle from Crested Butte back to the Aspen Highlands after resting up at the Nordic Inn at the base of Mount Crested Butte.
- Round-trip guided hike. Hike to Crested Butte and back to Aspen after a restful night at the Nordic Inn. The hike back is the same 11 miles with 2,357 feet of elevation gain. It is less strenuous than day 1.
The hike is quintessential Colorado — and worth years of bragging rights — but the bonding experience and sense of community that comes with tackling an endeavor like this with fellow Gravity Haus members is one you’ll never forget.
Beginning at 9,580 feet and topping out at 12,490 feet, together we’ll discover some of the most scenic and extraordinary views Colorado has to offer. Medical staff and members of the Gravity Haus team will be on the hike with you and delicious meals are included in the event cost.
Here’s what’s included:
- 2 Breakfasts
- 2 Lunches
- 1 Dinner + Drinks
- 1 Night Accommodations
- Trailhead and Crested Butte Transport
- Medical Staff
- GH Staff
What’s not included:
- Transport to/from Aspen Highlands
- Trail snacks
- Standard hiking gear (i.e. trail shoes, trekking poles, day packs)
- WATER! Make sure to bring plenty of water for this strenuous hike. You will need it. We suggest camelbacks!
Tickets for the Aspen to Crested Butte Overnight Hiking Experience + Dinner will sell out. So snag yours soon and get ready for the hike of a lifetime!