- This event has passed.
Virtual: Holiday Mixology Class with Ice and Alchemy!
December 21, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
About the Event: In this fun, interactive 1.5 hour class with Ice & Alchemy, we explore three classic cocktails that will lead you to better understand cocktail structure, so when you leave the class you can create endless, customized cocktails at home!
Which Cocktails Are we Making? Let’s get festive with the flavors of the season! The first cocktail is a Spiced Cranberry Cup with the flavors of baking spices, cranberry, and herbs. The second cocktail, the Pumpkin King, is all about pumpkin spice! Finally, we’ll end with the Hot Toddy!
Which Non-Alcoholic Ingredients Will I Need?
- White granulated sugar
- Pumpkin Spice Powder
- Rosemary (one bunch)
- Cranberry Syrup – you can make this by simmering 1 cup cranberry juice and 1 cup sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- 5 Lemons – juice four lemons right before class – be sure to strain any pulp/seeds out. The last one is for garnish!
- 1 bottle of Bubbles (Brut Champagne, soda water, or cider)
- Ice (cubed from your freezer is fine!)
- Egg for egg whites: optional
- Simple Syrup
Which Alcoholic Ingredients Will I Need? Because these cocktails are based on a holiday theme, we’re exploring three recipes that are extremely flexible! We recommend picking up Bitters and TWO DIFFERENT SPIRITS, but you get to choose which.
- Bitters (i.e. Angostura, Black Walnut, Cardamom, Chocolate, or Spiced Apple)
- Bourbon – i.e. Evan Williams Black Label, Buffalo Trace, Michters
- Gin – i.e.Ford’s, Beefeater, Ransom Old Tom (great fall/winter notes!)
- Rum – i.e. Skipper Demerara, Flor de Cana Centenario 12yr, Ron Zacapa
- Tequila – i.e. Cazadores Reposado, La Gritona Reposado
- Vodka – i.e. Tito’s, Monopolowa, Kettle One
Which Tools Will I Need?
- Shaker (we’re in quarantine so even a protein shake mixer-bottle can work in a pinch!)
- Hawthorne Strainer (suggested but optional)
- Jigger (the standard measuring tool in bars)
- Muddler (or something to press herbs, fruit, etc.)
- Glasses (we recommend Collins, Champagne Flute or Double Old Fashioned)
How Will I Join? This experience will be hosted online. We’ll send the Zoom access link the week before!