There’s something truly special about turning off your devices, cinching the straps of your chacos and heading out on an off-the-grid adventure with your closest friends or family? The Gravity Haus crew recently hit the road to Electric Mountain Lodge, the location of our newest Pop Up Camp. Whether you want to disconnect with limited cell service or work in a breathtaking place with lodge wifi, hit the trails or simply sit under the shade of the aspens and read a book – there’s something for everyone at Electric Mountain Lodge!
Let's talk about the lodge amenities...
WHAT THE GH CREW HAS TO SAY ABOUT ELECTRIC MOUNTAIN LODGE...
NEED A REFRESHER ON WHAT TO DO IN THE AREA?
- Take a guided geology hike up Electric Mountain (complimentary for Gravity Haus Members) – out your front door.
- Hike to Crater Lake & summit Crater Peak – trailhead is 7 miles from the lodge
- Fish, kayak or SUP on the Overland Reservoir – 7 miles from the lodge
- Hunt for native cutthroat in Dyke Creek, Clear Fork of the Muddy or Hubbard Creek – distance varies from your front door to 5 miles from the lodge
- Mountain Bike the Terror Trail – 1/2 mile from the lodge
- Fly fish on the Roaring Fork, Colorado or Gunnison Rivers – locations vary
- Rent an ATV or Side-by-Side from Weekender Sports in Hotchkiss and explore the National Forest roads
- Participate in Yoga classes at Electric Mountain Lodge
- Get picked up by Colorado Detours for farm, winery or geology tours of Colorado’s Western Slope – pickup at Electric Mountain Lodge, or meetup in Paonia
- Explore Colorado’s newest mountain biking trail, The Plunge! This is a full day bike ride that is 37 miles long with 6,600′ feet of descent – shuttle options available.
- Enjoy a Rafting, SUP or Kayak adventure on the Gunnison River in Gunnison Gorge National Recreation Area with Western Slope SUP – meeting locations vary from Paonia to Hotchkiss
- Whitewater Raft on the Colorado River in Glenwood Springs with Whitewater Rafting, LLC – 65 miles from the lodge
- Visit The Living Farm and local ranches and wineries to learn about the agriculture that sustains the area – 20 miles from the lodge