- This event has passed.
Women’s Avalanche Preparedness with Kelli Rohrig
March 8 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
About the Event: Kelli Rohrig, Lead Avalanche Educator for Paragon Guides, for a women’s class on safely navigating backcountry avalanche conditions this year. We’ll cover:
- Recap of 2021 avalanche accidents – where and why
- How to read and forecast the weather
- Calculated decision making for safer travel
- Developing backcountry protocols and tactics to combat peer pressure and other human risk factors
- Women in the industry (lots of work to do here!)
- A Q&A will take place at the end of the presentation
About Kelli: A Colorado native, Kelli spent a large part of her childhood spent living in Vail and Summit County. She’s been skiing her entire life, and had the great fortune of getting out in the backcountry at a very young age. Kelli has taught women’s specific classes (mountain bike, avalanche, telemarking, kayak) classes for 20+ years, and has been an avalanche instructor for 15 years. Kelli was a professional mountain biker and used to compete in the now defunct telemark extremes. She now focuses her winter time on creating better avalanche education for both adults and kids (The Glide Project is her kid’s-specific education program), while summers are spent greening the earth with her organic landscaping company.
How Will I Join? This experience will be hosted online. We’ll send the Zoom access link a few days before.