Harvest Chili Cook-off and Tasting Competition with Oskar Blues
November 4 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Skill Level: Social
- Event Type: Drink/Dine
About the Event: It’s time to show off your competitive side at our First Annual Chili Cook-Off! Our friends at Oskar Blue are providing the brews, and they’ll be entering their own secret Oskar Blues chili into the competition.
Bring an appetite and be prepared to enjoy a great night of chili, brews, prizes and music at Nurture! May the best chili win!
Oskar Blues will be providing some of their OG brews in a can such as Dales Pale Ale and Thick Haze Hazy IPA. They will also be providing tastings for some of their hand-crafted, one of a kind brews, such as River Rhine Beach Party Kolsh and their infamous Death by Coconut Porter!
- Are there prizes? Yes. The top 3 teams will win a prize, but we don’t do the whole “participation trophy” thing, so come ready to win!
- Can I bring a friend or two? Yes, guests are welcome! Just make sure you complete a form for them so we know how many to expect.
- Beverages, signage, voting cards, chili toppings, and service ware will be provided by Gravity Haus.
How Can I Participate?
There are two ways to participate: compete in the chili cook off, or come ready to judge the chili.
- Chili Competitor – Competitors are asked to bring 1 large crock-pot of chili, and a serving spoon! You may register as a single or a team. You may vote for any chili but your own. **There’s a six pack with your name on it if you incorporate an Oskar Blues beer into your recipe.**
- Chili Judge & Side Sous Chef – Not a good chili maker? No problem. Please bring a side to share that can feed 8 people. You may vote for any chili!