Astrophotography Experience near Echo Lake
April 23 @ 8:30 pm - 11:00 pm
About the Event: Join members of the Gravity Haus community and an Astrophotography expert as we capture gorgeous mountain scenery set against a backdrop of celestial bodies. Our guide will supply a variety of lenses so that you’ll be able to try out the best lens for different shooting objectives: be it the moon, stars or Milky Way.
About our Guide: Our guide, Maggie, is a seasoned landscape photographer. Astrophotography is one of her passions (alongside all different types of long exposure photographs). In her journey as a photographer, night photos have always been such a challenge, and now that she’s mastered this skill, she loves to provide experiences for others to share in her passion.
Bring a friend! We love when members introduce their friends to the community. If you’d like to register your friend, select 2 tickets and complete their information alongside your own.
- What will Gravity Haus provide? Guided experience, camera*, tripod, memory cards and flashlights.
- *Can I bring my own camera? Yes!, but please make sure your lens is 35mm or less, with an aperture (f-stop) of 2.8 or less, and have an infinity symbol on the top for focus.
- What should I wear/bring? A headlamp, warm clothing (it’s still chilly this time of year in the mountains), water/snacks, and Yaktrax.
- Will we be hiking at night? Not really – we’ll stay relatively close to the parking lot, but we do recommend bringing Yaktrax if you want to get a few shots from the trail.
- Is transportation provided? No – we will share the meeting location with you upon booking.